For the session starting in the winter semester 2021/2022, the C@MPUS portal of the University of Stuttgart will be open for MIP online-applications in combination with an application for a DAAD-scholarship from 1st August 2020 to 30th September 2020. If you apply for a DAAD scholarship you have to upload the official DAAD formas part of your online application.
On September 30th, the applications will be downloaded from the system and only documents uploaded until then will be evaluated for DAAD applications. No late submission after this deadline neither by E-Mail nor hardcopy will be accepted for the decision on scholarship candidates.
Please note that the MIP program starts every year only in the winter semester; thus the next possibility to apply is for the session 2021-2023, which will begin in the winter semester 2021.
For general information on the application click here.
|September 30th, 2020||Deadline for application through the University of Stuttgart. The applicants have to use the C@MPUS system.|
|December 2020||Email notification of shortlisted DAAD scholarship candidates by the MIP office.|
|January 2021||Final confirmation of acceptance as a scholarship holder by DAAD.|
|Beginning of September 2021||German course.|
|Middle of October 2021||Beginning of first academic term.|
|September 30th, 2021||Deadline for application through the University of Stuttgart. The applicants have to use the C@MPUS system.|
|December 2021||Email notification of shortlisted DAAD scholarship candidates by the MIP office.|
|January 2022||Final confirmation of acceptance as a scholarship holder by DAAD.|
|Beginning of September 2022||German course.|
|Middle of October 2022||Beginning of first academic term.|
Note: You must have a minimum of two years of professional experience after your Bachelor to apply for a DAAD scholarship (internships during Bachelor studies are not accepted).
In case the documents are issued in another language than English/German, you have to submit an English or German translation. The translation has to bear the original stamp/signature of an official translator and a copy of the original document has to be attached.
- High school leaving certificate (the last certificate from school before entering university)
- Final university degree certificate of Bachelor degree (no provisional certificates accepted)
- Final university transcript of Bachelor studies including CGPA
- Document from the university indicating max./min. grade and grading system for Bachelor degree (if the information is included in the transcript, the transcript can be uploaded again)
- English proficiency examination minimum requirements: Please note that only native speakers with official nationality (provide passport copy) from USA, Ireland, UK, Australia, Canada are exempt, all other applicants have to submit TOEFL or IELTS result. Moreover, „Institutional based TOEFL“ and „IELTS general training test“ are both not accepted).
TOEFL PBT 550 TOEFL CBT 213 TOEFL iBT 79 IELTS (academic test) 6.0
Exception: Due to the Corona pandemic, we accept TOEFL and IELTS home edition for the application session 2021-2023.
- Personally signed CV with the current date (please use the sample europass form)
- Completed and signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
Important: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Academic Letter/s of Recommendation from your university; the letter must have a letterhead, signature and official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that prove a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor's degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Additional university degrees (if applicable, e.g. second Bachelor/Master degree you hold)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
The MIP admission committee will meet in November 2020 and will evaluate your application documents. You will receive a notice by E-Mail from the MIP office in December 2020 concerning the decision on the scholarship selection. There is only a limited number of study seats and scholarships available and you can be suggested for admission without being shortlisted for a scholarship.
More details for the application are available in the Downloads section.